Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hot Dawgz & Handrails and Arbor Family Reunion

It was a crazy weekend. I hitched a ride with Burton rider Alex Andrews and we drove his truck 10 hours to Big Bear, California. He had his motorcycle, and from Bear he left me with his truck to cruise to Hollywood where he got to hang out with his favorite pro skateboarder, Dylan Rieder. I tried my best to find a couch to sleep on, but everyone had moved from Bear, and the one person who lived there happened to be in the "Valley". So I cuddled up in Alex's truck and spent the night parked next to the zoo. I could hear the coyotes or wolves howling all night. It was way colder than I thought it'd be. The next day I walked around Bear a little before the Arbor team started showing up. I met everyone who rides for Arbor and the filmer and photographer. It was an awesome weekend; we watched our team riders (Scott Vine, Nick Visconti, Ian Sams, Cody Boan) slay it in the rail comp, had huge bomb meals, and just hung out all weekend. To be honest, I was overwhelmed. This is the first time I've been at something like this. To be a part of a company that is so big in the industry is just crazy. All the talent that was there is insane. I felt like I hardly fit in. I opened up a little bit more the second night. I can't wait to shred with all of them this winter! After a long weekend, Alex and I finally headed back home and got in at 5am Monday. Alex is off to Europe in a couple days to do a Video Grass Tour. I thought I had a crazy schedule, Alex has it way worse. Alex has come a long way since his days growing up here in Ogden. He now owns his own house in Salt Lake City. He rides on the pro team for Burton, Analog and Electric. It was cool digging into his brain a little bit and I got to know him a lot more after 20 hours on the road. I wish I had photos of the trip, but I dropped my phone in the toilet on the last day! I was devastated! My iPhone never woke up. Which is okay because now I'm paying half as much on a sprint smart phone. I love having internet on my phone, it's essential! So now it's wait for the snow and pray it comes early! I heard it's in the forcast!


Check out the Hot Dawgz and Hand Rails webcast replay at: www.snowboardermag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog